Research suggests that every household faces some kind of plumbing problem at least once a year. Some of these problems are quite easy to fix while some are complex and require the attention of a professional plumber. So, you might be thinking, “what are the plumbing problems that I need to watch out?”. We have compiled a list of 3 most common plumbing problems and their solutions.
1. Dripping Faucets
Nobody likes the sound of dripping faucets. It not only sounds irritating but also wastes a lot of water. And ignoring it is not a choice because it increases your water bill.
What can cause a Dripping faucet?
Some of the causes of the dripping faucet are:
- A problem in O ring which is attached to the stem screw used to hold the handle of the faucet in place. The O ring can become loose or it may wear out over a period of time. This causes the faucet to drip near the handle.
- Accumulation of water sediments causes the valve seat to corrode which causes leakage around the spout area.
- Due to constant use, the friction causes the washer to wear out which can again lead to dripping near the spout.
- Loose parts within the plumbing mechanism can also cause dripping faucet.
How to fix the dripping faucet?
- If there is a problem with the O ring, then you need to replace it with a new one.
- Same goes for washer, if it is worn out, you need to replace it.
- If there’s a problem with loose parts, then consider getting plumbing services in Dubai to fix them correctly.
- Get a new valve seat if you find it in the corroded state.
2. Low Water Pressure
Low water pressure usually happens at the sink faucet. And, its solution is completely a DIY task!
What are the causes of low water pressure?
This usually happens because of the calcium deposits built up in the aerator. It eventually reduces the pressure of the water flowing through it.
How to fix low water pressure problem?
All you need to do it to clean up the aerator. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Remove the aerator carefully.
- Clean out any debris.
- Wash it in vinegar solution which removes calcium deposits and leave it in the vinegar solution for, at least, 8-9 hours.
- Put it back carefully.
3. Leaking Pipes
Leaking pipes are another common plumbing problem faced by many households across Dubai. Generally repairing the leaky pipes is a messy job and requires a professional to handle and fix it. However, it is still advantageous for you to know the causes and solution to this problem.
What are the causes of leaking pipes?
Some of the common causes of leaking pipes are:
- Corrosion deteriorates your pipes and creates cracks through which water leaks.
- Damaged pipe joints are the main cause of leaking pipes.
- Loose water connectors.
- Degraded seals.
How to fix leaking pipes?
- If there is corrosion, then you need to replace the affected pipe.
- Fix joints if you find a problem with them.
- Get your water connectors checked and ensure that they are tight.
- If you find degraded seals, seek help from a professional plumber in Dubai.